You will need to create a SAML 2.0 app or connector and email your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org the Metadata XML file.
See the steps below for general guidance on how to set this up with your provider and pull the required information. Please note: below steps provide general guidance but the configuration varies based on the provider.
- Log in to your company’s identity provider that supports SAML 2.0 with admin access.
- Create a new SAML 2.0 app or connector called "TripActions."
- Set the service URL to https://app.tripactions.com/saml/return
- Set the identifier or audience to https://app.tripactions.com
- Map the Standard NameID claim to the user ID, login ID or email address.
- Create the following claims/assertions configurations:
- ‘email’ -- mapped to the user email address.
- ‘Given_name‘ -- mapped to the user's first name.
- ‘family_name ’-- mapped to the user's last name.
- ‘nameID’ -- mapped to user’s email or login (required).
- ‘phone_number’ -- mapped to the user's phone number (optional).
- Email your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com with the SAML 2.0 metadata XML file for the SAML 2.0 provider.
The configuration will appear something like this:
The Zendesk support article linked here may have helpful instructions for configuring this information in your provider. One important distinction is that the NameID claim is required, not optional.