This article is tailored for Admins who have recently configured or launched their account and want to ensure their account is fully optimized to meet their travel program goals. If you'd like to skip ahead to specific sections, click on the four links in the sidebar to the right. You can navigate to the knowledge base homepage using the link here to review any questions or topics in more depth.
There is a live, weekly webinar for admins where a TripActions Customer Success Manager will cover the topics in this article in-depth. The training webinar will cover the Admin Dashboard in detail and gives attendees time for you to ask specific questions you have. You can use the link below to sign up:
Tracking Employee Signups after Launch
- Tracking Signups: You can review your total signups and total user signup percentage directly within the Dashboard tab of the Admin dashboard under the “Adoption” section. You can also download your list of uploaded users in the Users tab to view who has registered by filtering the column `Status` to “Enabled (Unregistered)”.
- Email users who didn’t sign up: You can resend an invitation to sign up for TripActions to only unregistered users by downloading and reuploading your user list and checking the box “Email activation link to current pre-registered users” in the Users tab.
- General Travelers: The main consideration for your general travelers will be that they are listed under the correct policy grouping: Default, Director, Executive. This can be updated in the Users tab.
- Executive Admins: If your executive admins will be booking travel for the exec team, you will want to ensure they are set up with Delegate access. This access be updated in the Users tab.
- Recruiters: If your recruiting team will be booking travel for the exec team, they will need to have access to the guest invite tool, though full admin access is unnecessary. These permissions can be updated in the Users tab.
- Accountants/Payroll: Some accounting teams and payroll teams need access to the Reports tab for reconciliation and rewards reporting, though full admin access is unnecessary. These permissions can be updated in the Users tab.
- Managers/Direct Reports: If you prefer your managers to be cc’d on all bookings and out of policy notifications for their direct reports be sure you have all of your manager emails listed for their direct reports in the Users tab and that the “cc on all bookings” functionality is enabled in the Company Settings tab.
- Travel Approvers/Direct Reports: If you prefer to have both a travel approver and manager review out of policy bookings be sure you have approver emails listed for all users in the Users tab to do so.
- Exec Teams: Some companies prefer to give the exec team access to the Dashboard tab so they can review high-level travel expense/savings trends and metrics, though full admin access is unnecessary. This access can be configured in the Users tab.
- Configuring your policy for launch: The key factors from your travel policy settings that will impact your travel expenses are lead-time for flights, max cabin class for flights, and max price for hotels. This said, we recommend mirroring your existing travel policy guidelines when configuring policy in TripActions so the transition to using the tool is more seamless when you first launch to your team.
For example, if you know there is a lot of last-minute booking needed for your business travel, ensure travelers with this need are in a policy grouping with a flexible lead time constraint.
- Using data to update your policy in the future: In the future, you can use data to justify making more conservative or aggressive tweaks by looking at reporting at the user level from the Reports tab or total out of policy bookings in the Dashboard tab.
Company Card and Expensing
- Company card setup: Ensure your company card is set up with the preferred access/settings are set up correctly. You can limit company cards to specific users and/or mandate its usage for specific booking types (i.e. flights) in the Company Settings tab.
- Expense system connections: Ensure your company expense system is connected with TripActions in the Integrations tab.
Data and Reporting
- Traveler fields completed at checkout: You can have your travelers fill out fields at checkout to provide increased transparency into the purpose of the trip. You will be able to aggregate total travel expenses on fields your travelers select at checkout by downloading a report from the Reports tab. Many companies upload client lists or project IDs for this reason which can be done in the Company Settings tab.
- Userlist fields: TripActions will automatically aggregate your travel expenses by the userlist fields `Department`, `Region`, `Subsidiary`, and `Cost Center` in the bookings reports which can be downloaded in the Reports tab. You’ll want to ensure any additional user-based fields you would like to report on are accurate and updated for all users in the Users tab.