Your travelers can always book something that is out of policy; there is no hard policy setting in the app.
If a traveler decides to make an out of policy booking, they will be required to provide a reason why and will forgo the ability to earn any rewards (where eligible).
Users in your account who have been designated as "Approvers” will receive out of policy emails and will have the ability to cancel the booking in the first 24 hours after the booking is made. The process is described in more detail below.
Setting up approvers
The first step for setting up out of policy booking notifications for approvers is to designate approvers for your team of travelers. You can set approvers for your team of travelers in two ways:
- Upload a CSV file: You can bulk upload a CSV file with the approver's email listed out for each user. To do so, navigate to the Users tab in your Admin Dashboard, download users, add in the approvers' email for each user in the 'Approver Email' column, save the file as a CSV, and then upload the user list.
- Individually set the Approver in the Users tab: You can manually assign each approver for your team of travelers directly in the Users tab under the column "Traveler approver". Click on the magnifying glass and type in the Approver's name or email address.
Important note: If you do not have an approver set for a user, the out of policy email will be sent to the manager email listed for the user. If there is not a manager set for a user, it will send to the admin on the account.
Out of policy booking process
The traveler can always book something that is out of policy. The traveler will simply be required to provide a reason as to why for the set approver to review. The process for out of policy bookings is listed below:
- The traveler sees a popup letting them know why the booking is out of policy.
- The traveler is prompted to write at least ten characters as to why they are proceeding with the booking that is out of policy.
- Both the traveler’s approver and the traveler will receive an email that shows why the booking is out of policy. The reason provided by the traveler will also be included in this email.
Out of policy approval process
After an out of policy booking is made, the approver has the chance to cancel the booking if needed, or take no action to allow the booking to proceed. Approvers do not need to formally approve an out of policy booking for it to go through.
Both the approver and traveler will receive a notification email for their out of policy bookings -- the sequence of events is as follows:
- Immediately following the out of policy booking, the traveler will receive an email letting them know that their approver will be reviewing their out of policy booking. Example of this email is below:
- Immediately following the out of policy booking, the approver will receive an email with the traveler, booking information, out of policy reason, and traveler reason provided. The approver has the ability to cancel the booking or take no action to allow the booking to proceed.
- To cancel the booking, the approved just needs to hit “cancel booking” and the traveler will receive an email letting them know that the booking was canceled. Example email sent to traveler below:
- 24 hours after the booking is made, if no action is taken, the traveler will receive an email letting them know that their booking is approved. Example email below:
Important Note: Airlines typically give 24-hours to void flights free of charge after they have been booked. Once the flight goes past that point it becomes ‘ticketed’ and all the change fees for that flight will be applied by the airline. In certain cases airlines have rules on when a flight can’t be voided anymore so be sure to chat into support if there is any doubt.